Child Protection Policy
CALEDONIAN SNOOKER LTD (“we” or “us”) is committed to ensure that every child, young person or vulnerable adult who takes part in the sport should be able to participate in an enjoyable and safe environment.
In addition they should be protected from neglect, bullying, physical, emotional and sexual abuse.
Any actions and comments made whilst dealing with young people should always be well considered and should never give rise to misinterpretation.
We are fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children in our care. We recognise the responsibility to promote safe practice and to protect children from harm, abuse and exploitation.
Staff and volunteers will work together to embrace difference and diversity and respect the rights of children and young people. This document outlines our commitment to protecting children.
- The child’s welfare is the first consideration.
- All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, socio-economic status, religious belief and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from all forms of harm and abuse.
- Children have the right to express views on all matters which affect them, should they wish to do so.
- Child protection is everyone’s responsibility.
- Organisations shall work in partnership together with children and parents to promote the welfare, health and development of children.
CALEDONIAN SNOOKER LTD will:
- Promote the health and welfare of children by providing opportunities for them to take part in the sport safely.
- Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of children.
- Promote and implement appropriate related procedures to safeguard the well being of children and protect them from abuse.
- Recruit, train, support and supervise its staff, members and volunteers to adopt best practice to safeguard and protect children from abuse and to reduce risk to themselves.
- Require staff, members and volunteers to adopt and abide by this Child Protection Policy and related procedures.
- Respond to any allegations of misconduct or abuse of children in line with this Policy and related procedures as well as implementing, where appropriate, the relevant disciplinary and appeals procedures.
- Observe guidelines issued by Child Protection Committees for the protection of children.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the implementation of this Policy and related procedures.
This Policy and related procedures will be regularly reviewed:
- In accordance with changes in legislation and guidance on the protection of children or following any changes within CALEDONIAN SNOOKER LTD.
- Following any issues, or concerns raised, about the protection of children within Caledonian Snooker Ltd.
- In all other circumstances annually.
CALEDONIAN SNOOKER LTD will monitor the policy and related procedures by:
- Keeping records of cases brought and their outcomes.
- Accepting comments from staff, parents and volunteers on the ease of implementation and effect of the policy.